Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Prayer of Thanksgiving

On this day of thanksgiving celebrations, even in the midst of all the uncertainty and fear that looms before us all, I find myself blessed far beyond my worthiness.

I look around and see many who are more deserving than me, many who are in need of the same blessings that I have been given. I am humbled and amazed by the things that my God has, through mercy and love seen fit to give me… And at the same time, I feel that I am unworthy of His love and blessings. Yet even as this feeling of unworthiness is felt, I find my spirit warmed by the comforter, and a feeling of love that can only come from a parent that loves his child no matter the heartache and disappointments that child brings.

Above all things, even the life and breath that my Eternal Father has blessed me with, I bow down in spirit and in body and offer my love and thanksgiving up to my Father in heaven for his greatest gift, even his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ…

“I know that my Redeemer lives, what comfort this sweet sentence gives”… How beautiful this knowledge is to me.

The Son of the everlasting God, even Jehovah… He is my Brother, my Savior, my Lord and Master. His is the straight and narrow way to eternal life with my Heavenly Family… He has made it possible for my sins and transgressions to be forgiven, even forgotten… my robes to be made white and my soul pure and clean before God. All of this, even Eternal Life, the greatest gift of all, and all that is asked of me in return, is to be a good man, a good and faithful son…

This is what I truly am grateful for, that simple and beautiful plan of salvation, given of the Father, carried out by the Son, and offered to all… that by following the Savior, I can attain all that He has, all that our Father has… What more can I ask for?... What more is there?

May God bless each and every one, and may we all know those blessings and give full and felt thanksgiving… This is my prayer, in the name of Christ, Amen.

No comments: